Re: RE; Alloy Flathead aircraft/Trimotor

To: Rick Byrnes <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>,
Subject: Re: RE; Alloy Flathead aircraft/Trimotor
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:03:41 -0700
on 10/25/01 5:12 AM, Rick Byrnes at Rick@rbmotorsports.com wrote:

> Ford may also be credited with the first airport Hotel.  The Dearborn Inn,
> accorss the street from the original airfield in Dearborn, which is now the
> Ford Dearborn  test track and part of the engineering center.  This property
> is adjacent to Greenfield Village, and Museum of which we never tire.
>
> Henry (the 1st) was quite a visonary indeed.
>
> Rick Byrnes

Rick, List,

For those of you who are not aware, Rick lives just down the street and this
is his "neighborhood."  He knows it very well and has a passion for it that
is wonderful to share.

I'm still enjoying the fact that there has never been an occupant of Henry
Ford's ( the 1st ) office since his death.  Every time I hear someone
talking about "big shoes" to fill, that will be the thing I relate it to.

Since my return home the fun thing has been the "Henry Ford stories" that
almost everyone seems to know.  Each one has their favorite.  I'm sure there
must be a book with all of these anecdotes in it.  Any reading suggestions?

Wes