Re: wings versus weight ?

To: Glenn Ridlen <gridlen@yahoo.com>, Scott Cowle
Subject: Re: wings versus weight ?
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:19:28 -0700 (PDT)
Scott, I'm certainly no expert, I ain't been
there yet, but after closely following all that
has been written by those who have been there, I
think the wing may be a little overkill.

 Apparently, downforce is tremendous as you
approach and pass 200MPH.  Perhaps just a small,
factory style rear spoiler would do the trick
with much less drag.  Dusters had a neat little
optional spoiler that looked like a low wing.
You might to some conflabing with Dr. Mayf and
others.  Quite possibly, using one of those, with
a slightly modified attack angle might get the
job done.

If I ever get to those speeds, I plan on using a
standard Chev Camaro Z-28 rear spoiler with an
extra gas tank mounted in the trunk to hold water
ballast, and a ten gallon water ballast tank
where the passenger seat would be.  That seemed
like the easiest solution to me. I can add and
redistibute the ballast as needed.  I already got
a good start right in the driver's seat!  hee hee

Dick J

http://personals.yahoo.com