Re: wings versus weight ?

To: "Scott Cowle" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wings versus weight ?
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:16:34 -0500
Scott

Since you asked! Here is what I would do if I was in your shoes.
If you can't set a record don't forget there is a performance award if you
get within 3% of the record. Something else to shoot for.
LOWER your car. WHATEVER IT TAKES to get it out of the air and down on the
salt.
Forget the wing. Your gonna drive 2500 miles for time only???  Run legal
equipment and run the class. As Backus said "If you don't want to drill any
holes in your car for weight, how are you going to hold the wing and air dam
on?" Add the ballast IF, IF, IF you need it.
Put a belly pan on your ride and go for the 210 MPH A/GCC record. And then
you can run a big rear spoiler.

John B. #79