Re: News on Our Car Magazine Industry : Like NASCAR, Strictly

To: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Subject: Re: News on Our Car Magazine Industry : Like NASCAR, Strictly
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:12:09 -0700
Just had a lucheon with the president (who sent
me a letter by the way congratulating me on our record
this year)  of the not-for-profit
hospital that I work at.  This was the first (until this email) I had
heard of this "KKR".  Seems they do the same thing in the
health care industry, monopolize basically the real money making
practices like cardiac services out of the hospitals (and they screen
taking only those with say private pay or insurance) , many of which
are public and not for profit institutions, that must care for EVERYONE
who comes through their doors. These not for profit hospitals loose mega
bucks with many of the services they must provide, and when these cherry
picker boutique type clinics go up taking away the very important dollars
from them, they quickly dwindle and struggle, making your county hospitals
terrible.   Support your local public hospitals, they are a huge asset
to every community.

And thanks for the email enlightening me further on the KKR types
and their practices in the HOT ROD world.

Joe :)