Re: weight

To: Mike D MEIERLE <mike.d.meierle@alcatel.com>
Subject: Re: weight
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 14:12:26 -0500
Hi Mike,
It sounds to me like the rule is for safety so that weights will not come
adrift in a
mishap.  If you had weights captive in a solidly mounted structure like a tube
or a box
section it might be ok.  That might be one point in favour of a screw feed
rather than
cables.

Clay,
I had thought of water or other fluids, but you would want to avoid any
sloshing in a
partially filled tank.

Maybe we should look back to a basic question; do we want different weight
distribution
at different points in a run?  Otherwise, these would just be quick 'tuning'
measures to
be used between runs.  (In which case you could work in stops or bolts to lock
the
positions to satisfy the regs.
Cheers,
Rick