MSD question?

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: MSD question?
From: "Mike D MEIERLE" <mike.d.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:09:54 -0800
List,
Please bear with the newbie,
I finished installing a MSD 6AL w/Crank Trigger, New (locked
out)Distributor, Wires & Coil on the SBC.
Sucker started right up, Put the timing light to it and I'm seeing 2
marks at low RPM. 1st mark is right where I want it. 2nd mark is down a
ways on the scale. I rev it up a little and the 2nd mark goes away, then
comes back as the RPM drops back down to idle.
I read the documentation, It says MSD fires for 20 degrees of rotation
up to 3000 RPM then fires only once due to time constraints. Is that why
I'm seeing 2 marks? or do I have a arcing/induction problem at low RPM?
(I'm hoping my first theory is correct.)

--
Michael Meierle
Alcatel Carrier Internetworking Division