El Mirage

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: El Mirage
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 20:44:49 -0800
WOW
Three days of 75 degree weather , no wind and 118 entries. something over
300 runs on a rained on and wet course last Tuesday and dry for the week
end. The top story is the Brand new Terry Nish streamliner gets top speed of
the meet at 269 mph with son Jeff driving. I don't know up front if it was a
record. This car is a piece of art. First class all the way. Jason McVicar,
and Billy Hodges are new members of the dirty two club Could be a couple of
others as well but need Dan to confirm.

Several new vehicles and more being built for next season. We had several
visitors in the timing stand this week end including Steve Pitt down from
Seattle and the son in law of Skip Higginbotham, Brian. He was impressed
with all of it and look out  Skip he may want to drive. Lots of action and a
couple of spins and engine fires. Will Hanzel had an oil fire in the BMR
coupe
and burnt a bunch of wiring up. No enough time to make repairs. I'm sure Jim
D and Dan W. will add their two cents worth.
See Ya.
Glen