Re: Dial Bore Gages

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dial Bore Gages
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 10:47:54 EST
In a message dated 11/20/2001 6:51:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

> I was going to buy a dial bore gage for the cylinders as well.... but upon
> futher consideration I decided they are a machine shop process and I can't
> do much with them anyway... with the Bearings I can do my own measuring and
> adjusting with .001 shells or halves....

Keith,
       My dial-bore gauge is the same make as yours and has all the fixtures
to measure my "under 3.5" bores. You can indeed use the cylinder gauge to see
how the engine is surviving, as well as setting your main and rod bearing
clearances. I'd recommend getting whatever it takes to check your
cylinders........Ardun Doug King