Re: Dial Bore Gages

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dial Bore Gages
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:11:15 EST
In a message dated 11/20/01 8:51:03 AM Central Standard Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

<< After much consideration, time and effort... I picked out my new Dial Bore
 gage...

 It's a Mitytoyo.. ( always remember spelling is an optional art form down
 here)  and Enco ( www.use-enco.com) had it for 224 bucks on special this
 week...  reads 1.7-2.4" and in ten thousands increments...  They also had
 some pretty cool magnetic stands and dial indicators I had to have....(
 just like Miss Kathy had to have the dang Bird )

Keith you did the right thing getting a gauge that will read in the tenths
when used for  bearing measurements. I had it in my head you were going to
use on cylinders to check and see if they needed work. I have made a mandrel
to increase the capacity of mine maybe you could do the same. Larry