Swap Meet Buggy Power

To: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>, glen barrett
Subject: Swap Meet Buggy Power
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:40:51 -0800 (PST)
--- wspotter <wester6935@home.com> wrote:
> Dick,
>
> Have you considered the starting motor from a
> diesel???  Some have a bout
> the same torque as a Big Block Chev.  Amazing
> what yu leaarn talking to
> barstool racers.
>
> Wes

No, I haven't, but I will now.  I don't have a
starter that will work, and diesel starters are
all over the place here in oil rig country.  I
was studying the variable speed transmission on
that thing the other day.  Very interesting.  The
motor spins a big flywheel.  There is a small
hard rubber driven wheel and the drive ratio is
changed by moving the driven wheel either closer
to or farther from the center of the flywheel.
It oughta make me a neato swap meet cruiser cuz
the last time I tried to build a starter motor
powered buggy it would give you whip lash when
you hit the go button.  This one ought to be able
to start out really slow and then just pick up
speed by changing that drive ratio.

Dick J
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1