%$#%#^@&#@^% -4 AN fittings and hoses

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: %$#%#^@&#@^% -4 AN fittings and hoses
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:35:24 -0800
Since the list is quiet, I thought I'd ask about the easy way to assemble -4
AN fittings and stainless braided hoses. I'll bet this is the least uses
combination of all! What a chore. But I finally got one end done...lots of
trial and error practice. I finally cut the hose real square, wrapped with
tape naturally, then gently ground it smooth on the side of my grinder
wheel, carefully removed the tape (drat, some straggler strands escaped!),
carefully set the nut on the hose and then whapped it mightily on the end
with a non marring BOARD! Got that sucker on finally. Kept whapping it till
it was in too deep of course, so had to back it out a bit. Then put the
screw in part in and that was hard to get threadded, sheesh! This process
seemed to work ok...but, is there a better way? I will use nothing but -10
size from now on, no matter what it is for.....

And why is the list so quiet except for some chat about auto trannies?

mayf