Re: %$#%#^@&#@^% -4 AN fittings and hoses

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: %$#%#^@&#@^% -4 AN fittings and hoses
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:35:52 -0500
Mayf and List,

 ***  I forgot to delete the trailer, so this is a bit late, but I'm gonna
send it anyway.
Gotto get myself into practice on the new computer somehow.***

    Are you using any kind of assembly lube when putting the fittings
together?  I think I read about that somewhere. (Grib hit on that too) I
guess I've been fortunate, not having to assemble anything smaller than -6
hoses.  Smaller stuff for the fire system and brakes I've managed to buy
pre-assembled in the required lengths.

   Keith's mention of watching others do it might also be the hot tip.  You
may not have a complete airframes shop with Marines who happily work on your
projects (for beer) and call it "training", but how about a small municipal
airport?  They probably have all the tool and know-how you need, and with
the proper encouragement (wave cash at them) would be happy share their
expertise.  If you've priced a 37 degree flaring tool capable of flaring
stainless steel tubing lately you'll see why getting to know aircraft
maintenance folks is a good idea.  They don't call me "Cheap Chuck" for
nothin'.

   There are lots of unusual assets out there in your community that can
help you.  The trick is finding and using them.

Good Luck

Chuck