Re: Cold Intake

To: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: Cold Intake
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:53:17 -0800 (PST)
--- Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Dan Warner wrote:
> >
> Back on the AC option; I know it would eat hp,
> but I would think it could be
> basically a constant hp loss, but that loss
> would be proportionally less at full
> honk, with gains of ??
>
> Does anybody have figures on hp gains/degree
> drop etc.?
> How much temp. drop do you get from a good
> air/air intercooler?  (of course that
> depends on ambient ranges)

One hot summer day several years ago when I was
running a PRO car at Maxton and was trying
everything possible to gain a couple of MPH, I
thought about routing the intake tube back into
the passenger compartment, running the AC while I
waited in staging, then turning it off for the
run.  The intake air would then come from the
cooled compartment, but there would be no extra
AC drag.  I never got around to trying it.  Ran
out of time that weekend.

Dick J
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1