Re: Cold Intake

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Cold Intake
From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:28:54 -0600
Mayf, list:
Not quite that simple, because when you cool the air you also reduce its
pressure
("ideal gas law", Pv = rT).  Hugh MacInnes book Turbochargers has a good chapter
on intercoolers, including how to calculate potential gains.  Even something on
patent-pending freon-refrigerated design (different from the "Rankine cycle" we
usually expect; uses a "jet" compressor, rather than one that is
mechanically-driven. No parasitic engine power loss???)
Good book.
Russ Mack