Re: TC5

To: <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: TC5
From: "Louise Ann Noeth" <lanoeth@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 10:21:55 -0800
Ok

I am in trouble, my "fishing" comments were meant to be applied to those
classes where technology has been limited by consensus. the vintage classes
are a good example.

In special construction and other such classes, well then, let's get it on,
whatever your mind and moneybag can conger is fine with me -- but then I
don't sweat over the specific rules because I don't run a vehicle.

Wheelspin is a chronic problem for LSR and if many minds cogitate upon ways
to resolve it, the entire sport will benefit. I would remind everyone that
is was wheelspin frustration that first brought Sir Malcolm Campbell to the
salt from Daytona in 1935 -- when Bluebird was losing an indicated 30 to 40
miles per hour -- opening a chapter of racing that we continue to enjoy
today.

My observations and opinions should be taken by everyone on this list with
that in mind. I have no interest in changing rules, only to be part of a
lively discourse.

The pleasure and problem of the internet is that we can communicate quickly,
but often not fully, our intentions and thoughts.

However, the idea of a metallic-flaked, pinstriped locomotive on the salt
would be quite a sight. . . ., especially if it were steam fed by coal . . .

Be Vigilant,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth

LandSpeed Productions
Telling Stories with Words and Pictures