RE: TC

To: "'glen barrett'" <speedtimer@charter.net>, <Want1937hd@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: TC
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:40:55 -0500
Also -- maybe you're remembering the run where Joint Venture blew up one of
the two engines.  The truck, if memory and my photos serve me right, was a
Freightliner powered by a pair of 8V92's coupled together.  I think it was
the rear motor that puked -- the smoke cloud from that run was impressive
and very long-lived, and sorta grey instead of pure black.

Both the Phoenix and the JV blew truly impressive clouds when running.  The
Toyota with the 4-53 (I think) wasn't able to generate the black contrail to
near the degree that the bigger rigs did.

Now take all of that and add it to Glen's comments and maybe it'll make more
sense.  Hope so. . .

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)