Seats

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>, Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Subject: Seats
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 07:24:49 -0800 (PST)
The best seat I ever had was one I made myself
when I lived in Florida many, many years ago.  I
took my fiberglass stuff, headed to the beach,
and found a nice damp dune.  I dug out a hole
roughly the size I wanted my seat to be, then
plopped down in the hole and assumed the position
I wanted for driving.  My girlfriend carefully
packed damp sand tightly all around me.  I then
eased up out of the "mold", mixed up the resin,
and cross hatched cloth and chopped mat all over
the surface of the mold.  We then went swimming
for about an hour, and before we left to go home,
I pulled my seat out of the hole and away we
went.  A little trimming with a jig saw, some
minor bracing here and there, several coats of
paint, and I had a form fitting bucket seat.  for
my formula V!  Try it, it's so simple it's
unbelievable.

Dick J