Re: Women's LSR

To: ugo@ugofadini.com (Ugo Fadini), land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Women's LSR
From: ardunbill@webtv.net
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:24:55 -0500 (EST)
If I might tiptoe into this minefield, Ugo, you are right that women
have the brains, skill and courage to compete in motorsports on a level
footing with men.

One fine example is Angelle Savoie, the current NHRA Pro-Stock Bike
Champion.  She's been at it for several years, a dominant force, and
projects an attractive image for the division on TV.  There are, and
have been, also some competitive women Top Fuel drivers in NHRA.

Besides the fact that it's more difficult for women racers to 'get a
ride', it's also a fact that motor racing is not a part of the Culture
of Women in our day, but it is a part of the Culture of Men.

Just my two cents.  Cheers Ardun Bill