Re: Climate data for the future...

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Climate data for the future...
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@verio.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:05:33 -0800
What you get from our weather stations are the air's barometric pressure,
temperature, and humidity. From that you have to calculate air density.
There might be some special considerations in how you set it up as well
since the barometric pressure you'll see on our weather stations is
corrected for altitude and is a different reading than the actual air pressure.

As far as I know, none of our products calculate density altitude directly.
Might not be too difficult to include density altitude calculations in a
future software release, but what do tuners really want? Plus, I'm actually
not sure I understand what density altitude is.

Henry