Re: Climate data for the future...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Climate data for the future...
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 23:56:45 -0500
At this point in the message thread I would like to ask Joe Timney to
explain to the list what he uses at Maxton. He has explained it to me and
seems to be a fairly simple method of determining air density. One thing
about Davis Instruments is that with the use of a laptop and a free piece of
software from them data can be downloaded directly to a spreadsheet or
database program. This would allow air density to be automatically
calculated. Pretty little things like graphs could be done on a daily basis.
I wonder if there is a nominal rate of change in air density. I realize that
drastic changes in the weather would effect the curve, but where day to day
conditions didn't change much would it be possible say  for this time of day
its close to this and at another time of day say it is something else.
Bill