Re: An introduction and New Year's wishes

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: An introduction and New Year's wishes
From: "Gary Perkinson" <gfp61@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:31:11 -0500
Keith:

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've always thought the streamliners were
amazing, but they seem pretty technically daunting (even though I understand
the rules for streamliners are probably the most wide open, correct?).

My only real goal right now is to someday go 200 mph, whether it's on the
salt or down the quarter-mile. I don't even care if I qualify for the
200-mph club--I just want the timeslip showing the speed. My current
personal best is 144.26, which I accomplished in an '86 Olds Cutlass at
Englishtown, NJ in 2000, and I've discovered that I'm much more interested
in the speed--rather than the competition--which is why I suppose I'm
interested in LSR....

But thanks again for the welcome!

Gary