Re: An introduction and New Year's wishes

To: "Gary Perkinson" <gfp61@mindspring.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: An introduction and New Year's wishes
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:14:14 -0600
Cool beans the first goal then is to do two bills .... fair enough...

I would recommend strongly that you acquire Two Rule books.... one from the
SCTA which governs Bonneville and the dry lakes... and the other from John
Beckett and the East Coast timing association.

My reason for the ECTA book is pretty simple really.... if you check out the
street car class you can actually drive to Maxton play by the rules and race
your rental car and drive home.  ,..... Thereby giving you the cheapy Brief
introduction into the hobby of Landspeed racing.

Once you have a copy of the SCTA rule book you can see some of the
Bonneville cars at Maxton and start to form an opinion as to what type or
style car your interested in.

My car has made lots of passes over 200mph and I can honestly tell you that
it would have been a Ton easier if I'd have done it in a special
construction car like a streamliner or a lakester rather then the Camaro...
it's a Pure Brick aerodynamically and the others simply go faster and cost
less to build   Mph vs dollars involved.

I'm sure others will pipe in on this subject.... but those are my basic
thoughts up front.

Hey Happy New Year everyone.... it's 9:30 and I don't care where my Children
are..... LIFE IS GOOD....

Keith