More wheelbase

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: More wheelbase
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:30:36 EST
I agree Dick, a wide track ("tread"  ) can make up a lot of handling
difficulties brought on by a  relatively short WB. My small car has only a
80" WB but due to it's 50"rear and 60" front track,it's very stable at high
speeds. These types of cars regularly do over 130 mph on road courses. I
don't know if there's a actual formula for this ( Mayf ? ),but you've brought
up a very valid point. ....Whoa,i'm beginning to sound authoritative
here..disclaimer..previous is opinion of B.Wanner aka Wanna B racer.....not
banana,ginger ale, or ?........Bob,humble,Wanner