Re: An introduction and New Year's wishes

To: "Bill Smith" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: An introduction and New Year's wishes
From: "Gary Perkinson" <gfp61@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 20:28:21 -0500
Bill:

Thanks for the specs. They're good to know, because what I'd really like to do
first is to build a big-block chevy from the ground up, and I was curious as
to what sort of HP to speed ratios are common on the salt. The Olds Cutlass I
ran in Super Gas had a 468 in it, but it had a lot of runs on it and it was
pushing a pretty heavy car. I would think that lakesters are comparatively
lighter, so it seems to me (as you obviously demonstrated) that something like
a naturally aspirated 502 with the right set of heads would put a lakester in
the 200's (or was your car blown?)

Gary