Save the Salt

To: "land speed list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Save the Salt
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:47:40 -0500
Most on this list have an opinion on publicity in one way or another. Not sure
exactly where I fall on this issue, but I do know that if we don't help "Save
the Salt" to raise more money we won't have such a wonderful surface to race
on, if we have one at all, in future years. I believe this is the last year of
pumping. With no promise to continue into the future.

None of us individually, or perhaps even collective as LSR participants
/supporters are able to finance this project. We need more to keep our sport
alive right down to the basics of keeping a race course surface to race on.
The best way to do this, as I see it, is publicity through the media. As Glenn
Barrett said "Any media coverage is enjoyed as long as it's not negative." Hey
it can actual save our butts in this case.

John Beckett #79