Lakester questions

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Lakester questions
From: <gfp61@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 15:04:51 -0500
Hey, all:

I'm contemplating building a fiberglass-shell, steel-tube-frame belly-tank
lakester powered by a naturally aspirated 350 small block. A couple of
questions:

1. Anyone have any idea how much such a beast would weigh in ready-to-run
condition, with an adult driver of average size?

2. If I'm looking to build an engine that has a lot of top-end power and not a
lot of low-end torque (which I'm assuming--maybe incorrectly--applies to LSR
cars), can anyone recommend a ballpark cam and valvetrain combination? I'm not
looking for exact numbers, just a rough idea about the sort of lift, duration
and timing, etc., that I should be aiming for.

Thanks for any help!

Gary