Re: Lakester questions

To: <gfp61@mindspring.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lakester questions
From: "landspeedracer" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:13:01 -0500
> 1. Anyone have any idea how much such a beast would weigh in ready-to-run
condition, with an adult driver of average size?
MY THOUGHT IS TO BUILD IT LIGHT AND ADD JUST ENOUGH BALAST TO GO FAST. MY
GUESS IS YOU WILL BE IN THE 2000 TO 3000 LB RANGE.

> 2. If I'm looking to build an engine that has a lot of top-end power and
not a lot of low-end torque (which I'm assuming--maybe incorrectly--applies
to LSR cars), can anyone recommend a ballpark cam and valvetrain
combination? I'm not looking for exact numbers, just a rough idea about the
sort of lift, duration and timing, etc., that I should be aiming for.

260 to 280 Duration, .630 to .650 lift, 108 to 110 lobe center. THATS ALL MY
SPEED SECRETS.

JB #79