Re: Special Days .....Cricket?......

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Special Days .....Cricket?......
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:35:32 +1100
Keith
OK here is some very basic cricket information /rules though trying to explain
them to a novice will be like you trying to explain to us in the antipodes
grid iron ,Americian politicial appoitments and why macdonalds does not yet
have an outlet in Antartica, each side has 11 players with a 12th player
called the 12th man who serves no other purpose than to offer refreshments to
the other 11 players  team 1 and team 2 toss a coin the winner of this toss
decides whether to bat or bowl  so team 1 wins and decides to bat  they send
in two batters one at each end of the wicket and they continue to bat untill
10 batters are out, team two bowls to the batters using any number of bowlers
in overs of 6 bowls per over the rest of the players of team 2 take up
possitions  one behind the wicket called the wicket keeper the rest in an oval
field with rope around it called the boundary,there are 30 possitions in the
field but only 10 are used at any one time and these can be changed at any
time the following example could be used first slip,second slip,deep backward
square leg,deep gully,silly point, silly mid off, extra cover , long off ,long
on and third man, the batsman can get out by being bowled out the bowler
knocks over the stumps and bails  or run out or stumped or leg before wicket
or caught  ,when all the batters of one team are out the next team batts
untill they are out called an innings  in a test match both teams have two
innings  which can take up to 5 days this is called test cricket  there is
also another type called limited over in which both sides bowl only 50 overs
and is always finished in 1 day  the rules are different for test cricket
compaired to limited over cricket as I said this is a very complicated game to
decribe in words  you can visit
www-aus.cricket.org/link_to_database/ABOUT_CRICKET/EXPLANATION/CRICKET_EXPLAI
NED_AMERICIAN.html
mini tankers are trailers full of beer which are towed behind a car or ute
usually with a tube from said tanker to the cabin of the car from which the
occupants imbibe of liberally at least the do in Invergargil NZ
Only 42 more sleeps untill speed week in aussie
Gary in the land of OZ