Re: Scoop Openings Revisited.....

To: RTMACK@concentric.net, "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Scoop Openings Revisited.....
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:45:21 -0600
Actually, I didn't ignore the comment....I was......considering
it.......Having considered it.....I don't think it is a good idea for an
already busy driver. (-: (Assuming the driver is busy.....)

I was thinking of a simple linkage actuated by an impact air panel
(retracts, pushed by air pressure, into the base of the scoop) that would
reduce the scoop in height and in so doing, reduce the inlet size to match
the air velocity and at the same time change the size of the diffuser.
Overall drag would be also reduced.
Skip (Building turbo set ups for the liner/lakester so I don't have to deal
with variable scoops)