february blues

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: february blues
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:52:44 -0500
  Man am I bummed out today. It was two years ago today my Hero died, my
Dad. Now I hear Gray died. I need cheering up so I'm gonna pose a question
which may have been discussed before, but here goes. To all of you, I was
impressed by how much you have done in your personal lives when everybody
answered Keith Turks request to tell about yourselves last(?) year. So how
about telling us all when, where and how you acquired your race machines. I
got my 72 Duster from a neighbour who was the original owner who also
ordered the car as a base model slant six with the only option being 5$ for
the cigarett lighter. He sold me the car in 1984 for $720 because it was a
72. I yanked the 225 and put in the 440cid and have been drag racing ,
street driving it , and now land-speed racing it since then . I love the
land-speed racing but I'll never take it off the street.My goal is to go
200mph at Bonneville so I can claim to have the only steet legal 200mph
Duster in at least Canada.
Scott