Re: Air tool question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air tool question
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:12:35 EST
In a message dated 2/4/02 10:29:21 AM Central Standard Time,
albaugh_neil@ti.com writes:

<<
 If you were going to cut a bunch of sheet aluminum, would you get a
 "nibbler",
 or a "shear" air tool?  I'm thinking the shear is the way to go, but any
 advice welcome.  Thanks!

 Jerry in Dallas

Jerry I have both and I use the shears the most. But like Neil said it is
good for straight cuts or big curves. On a straight cut I clamp a straight
edge on the metal and run the shears along it for a guide. The shears does
roll the edge up a little but not bad. The nibblers cut out little half moon
metal slivers that will stick in your shoes like a needle. Both have there
place. Larry Mac