RE: Under Pressure

To: "'Malcolm Pittwood'" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: Under Pressure
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:23:58 -0500
Hey, for what it's worth:

My 1989 Jimmy (350 sbc) runs on compressed natural gas.  Not propane, I said
CNG.  The tanks are pressurized to about 3500 of cng, and are a lot less
than 1/2 inch thick.  Each one holds about 2-3 gallons "equivalent" of
gasoline -- the tanks take up about as much room as a three-gallon gasoline
tank would take.  You'd be surprised how much a tank that size will hold --
no problem taking the pressure, either.  My comments should be added to the
air car discussion. . .

Jon    #436  1350 M/PS/G
  Marquette, Michigan
 (that's way up north)