RE: Food for Thought

To: "'john backus'" <34ford@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Food for Thought
From: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:01:10 -0700
                AMEN!  I don't understand why so many feel they have some
"right" to go through life without ever being offended.

                The IOC told the SLOC to "tone down" the patriotism in the
Olympic opening ceremonies, didn't even want the WTC flag to be used!  Our
guys forced them to back down on that one.  It will fly over the stadium the
whole time and I think be carried in by the athletes.

                One proud American
                Dale Clay

                  He did quite a job; didn't he?

                  IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT

                  I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are
offending some
                individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on
Sept. 11, we have
                experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of
Americans.

                  However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when
the "politically
                correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that
our patriotism
                was
                offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I
hold a grudge
                against
                anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.
Our population is
                almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants.
However, there are a
                few things that those who have recently come to our country
and apparently
                some born here, need to understand. This idea of America
being a
                multicultural
                community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our
national
                identity.
                As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our
own language and
                our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over
centuries of
                struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and
women who have sought
                freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese,
Japanese, Russian,
                or
                any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of
our society,
                learn the language!

                  "In God We Trust" is our national motto.  ~ This is not
some Christian,
                right wing, political slogan.  We adopted this motto because
Christian men
                and
                women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and
this is clearly
                documented.  It is certainly appropriate to display it on
the walls of our
                schools.  If God offends you, then I suggest you consider
another part of the
                world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

                   If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle
Sam, then you
                should seriously consider a move  to another part of this
planet.  We are
                happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we
really don't care
                how you did things where you came from.  This is OUR
COUNTRY, our land, and
                our life style.

                   Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to
express his opinion
                and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once
you are done
                complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our
pledge, our national
                motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take
advantage of one
                other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

entities other than the intended recipient or employees of
MD Helicopters, Inc. is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender by email and delete the material from any computer..