Re: Death of HOT ROD Giant

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Death of HOT ROD Giant
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:00:10 EST
I, too, am so saddened to hear of the loss of Gray. What a great hot rodder!

On Christmas Eve we were looking through the slides from Bonneville '75 (a
good year for the Young Bros. team) when we came across the greatest photo of
Gray leaning over to take a picture on the starting line using his box
camera. Let's just say he was wearing the standard red Hot Rod T-shirt, red
and white thongs, and "baggy" white shorts that were showing more of his back
end than he probably cared to have photographed. Well, my dad sent it to
David F. at HRM right after the SCTA banquet as he thought it might be "cover
material," so perhaps you'll all get a peek at it someday.

Gray was a  great asset to our sport. He loved it and that showed in his
work. I will miss chatting with him along with listening to him try to
convince my dad about needing to put one of our sixes in a slippery car
again.

Thanks to those who have also shared your thoughts and stories about Gray. I
have enjoyed reading them.

Katie Young Cortez
#256 XXO/VGC