Re: Choice of car

To: "rtmack" <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>,
Subject: Re: Choice of car
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:58:18 -0600
The Pierson Bros coupe has always been a favorite.... but each time I hear
this story I have to add that it was a pic of the car as the Tom Thumb
special that kinda helped me select the size motors that interested me...

Seems there was something in the caption about this Tom fella always
playing with little small blocks and making them work extremely well....
So Tom... maybe at least one of us knew the car As YOUR car....

Today it pleases me to no end to say Tom Bryant is a friend.... Pretty cool
if you ask me...

Keith

----------
> From: rtmack <RTMACK@pop3.concentric.net>
> To: Thomas E. Bryant <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
> Cc: scowle@mentorcollege.edu; LAND-SPEED <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: Choice of car
> Date: Monday, February 18, 2002 11:57 AM
>
> Tom:
> enjoyed your "car choice" story.  I think that even those of us who have
> prioritized the "latest technology" end of our sport mostly appreciate
the
> tradition/ nostalgia aspect of it as well.  I know that I am personally
very glad
> to see the old roadsters and coupes-- and to hear the sound of a healthy
hemi--
> even if that is not the stuff I'm working on, myself.
> I remember pictures & captions of the Pierson Coupe (probably from "Hot
Rod") as
> one of the earliest motivators for me wanting to participate at
Bonneville.