Re: Choice of car

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Choice of car
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:51:15 +0000
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
To: scowle@mentorcollege.edu
CC: LAND-SPEED <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Choice of car
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 08:01:42 -0800

Scott & All,

In my case, The choice came out of nostalgia I suppose. I ran roadsters
from 1959 through 1981. I acquired the Piersion Coupe,  in 1980 and ran
it through the 1991 season. Because it had been a very successful car,
it just seemed natural to build another '34 Ford coupe and improve on
the streamlining as best I could. Quite frankly, I knew that I would be
giving away a bit of "slippery" to my competitors, it would have been
smarter to have built a Pontiac Trans Am or something similar. But I am
not SMART! And, I do like a challenge.

We had run well with the Pierson Coupe and I really thought that there
would be more improvement in performance, by doing the streamling, than
I have realized so far. That is not to say that I am regretting my
choice, if I had it to do over, I would still chose the '34. It is a
unique car that gets a lot of attention, it performs well, and I am
enjoying running the car. I also enjoyed running the Pierson Coupe, it
got a lot of attention and performed well too, but it was never seen as
my car it was, and always will be, the "Pierson Coupe". My present car
is recognized as TOM's COUPE and I enjoy that. We all have egos don't
we? If not, why do we do this?

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC

THATS NOT EGO TOM   -THATS (well deserved) PRIDE!

Doug Anderson ,in NeuYaWK

   " They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary

                                              -Benjamin Franklin