RE: Does Anyone Know?

To: "'Land-Speed@autox.team.net'" <Land-Speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Does Anyone Know?
From: "Parks, David" <David.Parks@lfr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:30:55 -0800
We're NOT talking about Racer Brown. Owen is a 'distinct' guy!

In a message dated 2/22/02 10:04:03 AM, David.Parks@lfr.com writes:

 His name was Owen Bowling (spelling may be off) and it was Orbit cams. He
retired several years ago. I saw him at the "Gas Up" in Buellton 2 years
ago. I bought a few cams from him in the 70's. A very interesting guy, but
it was a little wierd going down to his shop and having him be the only
white face for miles around. I remember him carrying a gun in his waistband
when he let you in the door. My favorite was getting a reground cam for $25
and he would resurface your lifters while you waited (and watched) for
another $10. He sold me the best street cam I ever saw. I wish I could get
another. He was a drag racer at some of the early NHRA meets and apparently
did pretty well.