RE: Tires

To: "'Dave Dahlgren'" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tires
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:35:40 -0500
Dave,
First I have great respect for your knowledge and have myself thought
the same. I'm not a "Tech" guy but I have run Maxton above 200 and have
experimented with tires somewhat. I am confident that a soft drag (rear)
tire would benefit me greatly at Maxton, as I have a tough time hooking
up in first and second.

However, for what my two cents are worth, I wouldn't run a drag tire for
that length of real estate for that amount of time. It's true that it's
a matter of seconds but when I'm in that seat, it seems like a long
time. It's the side walls and how wide a tire allowable that scares me.
In fact, I actually run inner-liners just for the safety.

The Goodyear Talladega tires have been good to me but I can't get them
hot. I plan on having some sort of preheat device this year to get them
to "stick" better.
Grib
"Do what others Won't and you'll do what others Can't for the rest of
your life"