Re: Wind Tunnel Info.

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: Wind Tunnel Info.
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:27:28 +1300

> Wes, aero considerations were the furthest thing from my mind when
> planning and executing my roadster.  It's true, everything about it is
> catching the wind and holding it back.  Lots of scope for aero
> improvements.  But as it is it's a BLAST to drive, and I'm working on my
> 4-71 blown gas Ardun at the moment which I expect, after I solve all the
> technical mysteries, should give it a much better top end charge.  I
> recommend the fun of a roadster, as a race car, to anybody.  Cheers Bill

Yes Bill,

With a restricted body style aero concerns aren't such a major
consideration. Just clean it up and get everything tucked in as best your
able within the rules, get it down to stop to much air getting under and
devote the grey matter to other areas of speed production. Runnmn Roadsters
are where it began and still is in my books too.

Enjoyed the answers to floor prep in the shop. Thats where I'm at right now,
have a good 2 pot brew lined up. My adjourning office is just finished,
Keith  would love it. Purple walls (magenta by name) with grey trim and B&W
Kiwi tiles on the floor. Waaa Hoo everyone smiles when they see it.

Question was asked some time ago looking for a brand equivalent to Champ
53-55-57 plugs, didn't see any answers. Try Autolite AR3932 they're about 55
to 57 in Champs, have a cut back ground electrode, seem to be real good.

Chris Harris.......................NZed.

PS  Mike Cuda,    Books on the way next week.