Wind Tunnel Testing in the Bay Area

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Wind Tunnel Testing in the Bay Area
From: Henry Deaton <hdeaton@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:52:16 -0800
It just so happens that we have a small wind tunnel where I work, Davis
Instruments. It's mainly used to calibrate our anemometers and for new
product r&d. I think the area where you do the testing is about 18" wide &
high, and maybe 2 to 3 feet long. Besides being small, I think it only goes
up to 90 mph or so. I could probably make arrangements to use it if anyone
in the area was interested. It'd be a nights or weekends only kind of deal.
I don't have any immediate needs to do wind tunnel testing, but I'd be
interested in working together with someone local that does.

The big problem for me is figuring something out to measure drag since
that's not what Davis uses the wind tunnel for.  Any ideas?

Henry Deaton
SF, CA