Re: Speaking of Salt...response

To: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Speaking of Salt...response
From: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 13:53:22 -0800
It happened in the winter of '92-'93 if I remember correctly.

A broken dike (which Reilly emphatically denies) allowed a spill from the
ponds, across (under) the freeway and railroad track area and onto the salt
at the corner where the Salduro dike and the freeway intersect just East of
the race track area.  Picture the area between the end of the access road
and the I-80 freeway.  The spill was at least a mile long and against the
dike.  We have photos shot from an airplane showing the mud against the
white salt.  Salt in that area now is granular on the surface.  Dig down and
you can see the layers.

Wes