magneto

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: magneto
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:58:34 EST
This may be off the land racing topic but still is a motorhead question. We
race outboard Merc motors that have a mag on them about like the fairbanks
mags on a lot of old farm tractors. What I am going to do is run two separate
mags to one spark plug. I know a lot of drag motors have two mags but they
also go to two sets of plugs. My question is will what I'm doing work or will
it back feed and burn up both mags and also do you think there will be any
performance advantage. I just got mags mounted and belts run, It looks like a
factory setup if only It works.
Thanks for any feedback
Larry Mac