Re: No LSR The Great Move IN....

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: No LSR The Great Move IN....
From: Rick Hammond <r.hammond@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:57:32 -0500
DrMayf wrote:

> Yup, our next move is to preheat the water with a solar heater. But a little
> later after we get settled in.

Mayf,
Do you have gas?  (propane..natural..ground, not intestines)
We have had an 'on demand' water heater at a cottage since at least the 60s.  Of
course they are better now and efficient I'm sure.
Did you calculate your electrical load as just a total if everything was on at
the same time?
I had a heat pump with an electric backup that needed a 100amp breaker on it's
own, on a 200 amp service.

I know we are second guessing now; get it all together and enjoy ;-)
Cheers,
Rick
(renovations are fun; told my female roommates once; good news; a second
bathroom.  Bad news; It's for the basement/workshop and will have a urinal.)