Re: bedfellows? - opinion - non-LSR

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>, DaCudaKid@aol.com, Land-Speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bedfellows? - opinion - non-LSR
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:54:20 -0800 (PST)
  Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com> wrote: . . . . . . .  area High School is dropping
the Minute Man as there mascot as he is armed and that also "sends the wrong
message".
  Geeez.  After military service in Vietnam, Grenada, Just Cause, Desert Storm
and the liberation of Haiti, plus serving twenty years as a cop - - I guess I
have sent some pretty bad messages.  I even fired the gun I was carrying.
Those "elected officials" have "awakened and enlightened" me so. What a
terrible role model I have been. I now know I was a lesser citizen for what I
have done. Next Veteran's Day I think I shall go hide out behind the barn and
hang my head in shame instead of pulling my old tatterd uniform out of the
closet and wearing it to my daughter's school. No wonder I had tears in my eyes
when the band played the National Anthem at her last Veteran's Day assembly.
Gult and shame, no doubt about it!
  I think some of these "elected representatives" are the same bast*&@$  that
expressed dislike at my green beret when I got back from Nam!
(Further comments are sensored and not fit for publication - - but y'all know
what I'm thinking!)
Dick J