Re: bedfellows? - opinion - non-LSR

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>, "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>,
Subject: Re: bedfellows? - opinion - non-LSR
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 06:39:55 -0800 (PST)
  Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com> wrote: Neil; Our local, very correct board of
supervisors voted against
Local (or for that matter any) poliiticians are very fickle and "go with the
flow", and can easily be influenced in any direction from day to day. Back when
I was a police chief, I had to appear before the city council to answer a
"public outcry" regarding speeders in our major school zone.  I explained what
our written policy and procedure regarding traffic enforcement in the school
zone was and they were happy.  One month later, I had to appear before the same
city council to anaswer another "public outcry" and justify why we were running
a radar speed trap in the school zone.  I explained that nothing had changed
since the information I had given them the month before, and that we were
following the same written policy regarding traffic enforcement in a school
zone.   Politicians!  (Gee I hope none of our list members are politicians.)
Dick J