rules for air dams/spoilers

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: rules for air dams/spoilers
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:29:50 -0500
  I'm making an airdam for my Duster and the front bumper will be what I
hang it from as it runs across the middle of the front of the car.Is it
legal to angle the air dam back on each side to the front of the front
fenders in front of the wheels so that it has a wedge shape. The middle of
the air dam will run across underneath the bumper for about 2/3s of the
width of the front of the car and then angle back to in front of the front
wheels.I have looked in the new Maxton rule book and while it says you can't
change the contours of the car ,does an air dam that doesn't follow the
bumper right across the front of the car constitute changing the shape or
contours of the vehicle? I am also making a rear spoiler for the trunk that
sort of looks like the split spoilers of the 71-72 funny cars, since my car
is a 72. In the rule book it says the cord of the spoiler can't be more than
ten inches, what does that mean?                             Scott, I'll
never get my car in print cause the more I put on it the uglier it gets,
Cowle