Car names

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car names
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 23:16:32 -0400
List,

   I've had this little red project car sitting in the yard for a month now
and just realized it has no name.  I was thinking of calling it "Hot
Diggity" since it's red, and since that's a fairly common thing to hear
someone say in these parts. (really!)  Anybody know of another LSR vehicle
using that name?  I've done my web searches and have only hit on one
automotive reference, and that was on a collectors card of some sort.
Wouldn't surprise me if Ed Roth had built a custom car by that name.

   I'd better hurry up and come up with something before I get stuck with
another car named by my friends.  That's what happened with the USS Wankel.
There's gotto be a name better than my wifes favorite; "that piece of junk".
She calls all my cars that anyway, but I think the car deserves something
with just a bit more dignity.

Chuck Rothfuss
Greater Pole Cat Hollow, NC

Home of "USS Wankel", two "Betsy's", "Bessy" the tow vehicle, bits and
pieces of "Frosty", and an unnamed red car.