Re: Car names

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car names
From: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 00:22:50 -0500
J.D.

   Thanks.  That's really part of the appeal and fun of naming a car.  Makes
reading the record book fun when you see names like "Guthrie's Tow Car",
"Bogus Salt Racing", or "Georgia Salt Shaker."  I think it may help sorting
things out in the future easier too since I'm now running the same entry
number on multiple cars.  Even as my memory begins to fail I oughto be able
to figure out that "USS Wankel" is the battleship grey sedan, and "Hot
Diggity!" is the red GT.  If more cars happen along in the future they'll
likely have names that kinda match their personality as well.  "Frosty", my
refrigerator white RX7, certainly had an appropriate name, and my first
named car, "Seldom Seen" was named and parked in the barn just before I went
overseas for most of the next 5 years.

Chuck Rothfuss
LSR #510