Fuel Injection

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, "'Keith Turk'"
Subject: Fuel Injection
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:56:06 -0700 (PDT)
   "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com> wrote: . . . . . . .was probably one
of the most advanced mechanical FI systems ever built and it provided better
performance in road racing
applications than continuous- flow systems
Okay, how about a "fuel injection primer" for a stone age mechanic.  I thought
all injection was timed.  Kind of like a distributor or something that made
each injector spurt only when it was the right time.  Would somebody be willing
to give some really, really basic definitions and descriptions of these
different injection systems. Mechanical (timed and untimed?), electronic (is
that timed?), throttle body (timed all the time, increased flow at throttle
opens??).  I'm confused.  How does the density of the fuel charge get increased
and decreased as the air flow is increased and decreased with the butterfly?
Dick J