Re[2]: Fuel Injection

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Fuel Injection
From: Ed Lutz <edlutz@laverdajota.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:01:43 -0600
This is interesting, I had no idea those mechanical injection systems
were continuous flow. Strikes me as a nasty way to deal with part
throttle fuel metering. How about closed throttle on overrun? Do
they still flow fuel? This would cause a very rich mixture when you
crack open the throttle again.
As a matter of interest, the mechanical fuel injection used on Alfa
Romeo cars in the USA up until the mid 80s I think, has systems to
compensate for engine temperature, barometric pressure and throttle
position, plus its fully timed. Its quite a nice little piece of
mechanical engineering. Not as accurate or easy to set up as a good EFI
system but it works amazingly well for something that was first
released in the early '70s.

Ed